Politics Meets The Plastics: Welcome to the Mean Girls of Capitol Hill Tumblr

Posted in Congress, D.C., funny, government, Humor, movie, news, politicians, Politics, slideshow, Tumblr, Washington
As much crap as I may get from my male friends, I think I’m finally comfortable with my own self-identity to finally announce to the online world that…YES, I am a huge fan of the movie Mean Girls. Hate it or love it, that movie is downright hilarious. Considering it came out right about the time I was finishing high school, the timing of the movie couldn’t be better and the fact it was written by the comedic genius that is Tina Fey only solidified the fact it would be a film that would always hold a special place in my heart.

My affinity for the movie and it’s memorable quotes is probably one of the driving forces as to why I fell in love with one of D.C.’s newest Tumblrs, “Mean Girls of Capitol Hill“. Like many “gov-related” Tumblrs, it combines the nerdiness of politics with components from current pop-culture zeitgeist to make both funny and relevant jokes about politicians. In the particular case of this Tumblr, it grabs some of my favorite quotes from the movie Mean Girls and combines it with pictures of politicians to make pithy, witty jokes that probably only people in my age demographic would laugh at. The Tumblr itself is the brainchild of Ellie Hall, a former NBC News staffer and prolific Tumblr user. Hall is slated to start working for BuzzFeed as a reporter in January, and judging by her other successful pop-culture mashup Tumblrs such as Arrested Decision 2012 and Barack the Legi-Slayer, it comes at no surprise she snagged a gig working for the funniest people online.

Since I’m sure all of you Mean Girls fans/politics nerds out there want to jump straight to the good stuff, I won’t hold you back: here are a few of my favorite memes from the Mean Girls of Capitol Hill.


0 comments:

Post a Comment